At Tanabe Oral Surgery, your health and the health of our staff are of the utmost importance. To ensure your health and the health of our staff, we continue to do our best to follow universal precautions in our operatories and office. We have implemented COVID-19 recommendations and requirements from the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, with guidance from the American Dental Association and the CDC.
The most recent notice from the LA County Department of Public Health is dated 9/20/2023.
Until directed otherwise, the following protocols are required for all of our patients:
Masks are optional but welcome. Please wear a mask if you think you are sick and may pose a risk to our patients and staff.
We wipe down the waiting room and common spaces with disinfectant daily. The circulating air in the office is being filtered. UV-C lights are utilized in the surgery rooms between each patient.
For the protection of all our patients and staff, we are requesting the following:
- If you have an illness or are exhibiting symptoms, we recommend you cancel and reschedule your dental appointment. Some illness and symptoms include:
- a cold or the flu
- fever or nausea
- severe headaches or body aches
- muscle or stomach pain, chest pain or difficulty breathing
- vomiting or diarrhea
- active tuberculosis (TB)
- mumps, measles, chickenpox
- other contagious disease
- Please notify our staff before your appointment if you or someone you are in close contact with have recently traveled to one of the countries with large outbreaks of COVID-19 (ex. China, Italy, Iran, South Korea) or if you have been exposed to someone else who was diagnosed with COVID-19 or who was quarantined as a precaution within the last two weeks.
If you are healthy, there’s no need to cancel your scheduled appointment.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us immediately. The below links provide additional information regarding the coronavirus:
Our team will continue to monitor the situation and provide updated information when warranted. Thank you for helping us keep everyone as safe as possible.