At the office of Dr. Ted Tanabe, your health and the health of our staff are of the utmost importance. To ensure your health and the health of our staff, we continue to do our best to follow universal precautions in our operatories and office. We have implemented COVID-19 recommendations and requirements from the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, with guidance from the American Dental Association and the CDC.
Until directed otherwise, the following protocols are required for all of our patients:
Everyone entering the office must be wearing a mask - no exceptions. You will be asked to sanitize your hands upon entering.
One patient in the office per scheduled appointment at a time, with one accompanying person if needed. We will have chairs outside our office, and there are also benches in the garden area of the building for other family members. You may also wait in your car if you leave us a contact number. We will remind you to maintain the recommended 6-foot distance between you and any people not in your immediate family.
We will take your temperature and have you complete a questionnaire and consent before you enter the office. These items are available for your review on this web site under Patient Forms - we encourage you to review both of those document prior to coming in for your appointment.
Maintain social distancing (six feet) from staff members and people not in your immediate family when possible.
We will track your contact with our office staff members.
We wipe down the waiting room and common spaces with disinfectant between each patient. The circulating air in the office is being filtered. UV-C lights are utilized in the surgery rooms between each patient.
For the protection of all our patients and staff due the recent outbreak of coronavirus, we are requesting the following:
- If you have an illness or are exhibiting symptoms, we recommend you cancel and reschedule your dental appointment. Some illness and symptoms include:
- a cold or the flu
- fever or nausea
- severe headaches or body aches
- muscle or stomach pain, chest pain or difficulty breathing
- vomiting or diarrhea
- active tuberculosis (TB)
- mumps, measles, chickenpox
- other contagious disease
- Please notify our staff before your appointment if you or someone you are in close contact with have recently traveled to one of the countries with large outbreaks of COVID-19 (ex. China, Italy, Iran, South Korea) or if you have been exposed to someone else who was diagnosed with COVID-19 or who was quarantined as a precaution within the last two weeks.
If you are healthy, there’s no need to cancel your scheduled appointment.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us immediately. The below links provide additional information regarding the coronavirus:
Our team will continue to monitor the situation and provide updated information when warranted. Thank you for helping us keep everyone as safe as possible.